Location: Happy Valley-Goose Bay , Newfoundland and Labrador
Role: Rural Family Physician
Facility: 25 beds plus a 50-bed Long-Term care unit.
24-hour Emergency Department and Outpatient clinics, staffed by Family Physicians, a General Surgeon, an Anesthetist, an Obstetrician/Gynecologist, and a regional Psychiatrist.
Other specialties: Diagnostic imaging, laboratory, physiotherapy, oncology/chemotherapy, respiratory therapy, mental health and addiction.
Visiting specialists also provide services regularly.
- Skills to practice the full scope of practice as a rural family physician. Duties include providing out-patient and inpatient general practice service along with ER coverage, ambulatory care clinics, emergency shifts, inpatient care (including critical care), obstetrics, OR assist, medevacs, visiting clinics to remote communities, home care, palliative care and long-term care
- Current ACLS, NRP, ALARM/ALSO certifications are required. Completion of the CARE course in the last 3 years will be considered as being current with certification
- ONLY candidates with a Medical Degree from Canada, the U.S., the U.K., Ireland, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand will be considered
Hours of Work: 75 hours bi-weekly, plus on-call responsibilities
- Average Family Practice earnings were CA$280,000 in 2019/2020. This can vary significantly depending upon the type of practice and scope of services
- Annual retention bonus
- Relocation allowance
- Accommodation provided on arrival
- Support for licensing and immigration process
- Annual continuing medical Education allowance