Location: Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Newfoundland, and Labrador
Facility: 25 beds plus a 50-bed Long-Term care unit.
24-hour Emergency Department and Outpatient clinics, staffed by Family Physicians, a General Surgeon, an Anesthetist, an Obstetrician/Gynecologist, and a regional Psychiatrist.
Other specialties: Diagnostic imaging, laboratory, physiotherapy, oncology/chemotherapy, respiratory therapy, mental health, and addiction.
Visiting specialists also provide services regularly.
- Full scope of practice, including obstetrics, emergency medicine, family medicine, and inpatient care at the hospital.
- Current ACLS, NRP, ALARM/ALSO certifications are required. Completion of the CARE course in the last 3 years will be considered as being current with certification
- ONLY candidates with a Medical Degree from Canada, the U.S., the U.K., Ireland, South Africa, Australia, or New Zealand will be considered
Hours of Work: 75 hours bi-weekly, plus on-call responsibilities
- Average Family Practice earnings were CA$280,000 in 2019/2020. This can vary significantly depending upon the type of practice and scope of services
- After-hours work in Category A ER is funded at CA$194,62 per hour.
- Annual retention bonus
- Relocation allowance
- Accommodation provided on arrival
- Support for licensing and immigration process
- Annual continuing medical education allowance